MAKE AN IMPACT IN THE WORLD OF TOURISM AND EVENTS MANAGEMENT
The programme MSc, Master of Science « Sustainable Tourism and Event management » is designed for students looking to develop managerial level careers in the hospitality sector.
The program has been created under the careful guidance of professionals from both the International Tourism and Events sectors who have a first-hand understanding of the competencies and knowledge required to succeed in these industries. This program is devised using novel teaching approaches with hands-on fieldtrips, research and practitioner led teaching. Upon completion of the MSc program, students will be equipped with the necessary skills to make a sustainable impact in the Hospitality sector.
A RESPONSIBLE AND ENGAGED SCHOOL
For the past 30 years, Esdes have been preparing students and professionals, through education and research, to create sustainable value, in order to create a responsible economy in a globalized and digital world. With this commitment, Esdes contributes to the emergence of a responsible economy driven by its employees, partners, alumni and students.
The MSc Sustainable Tourism and Event Management provides strategic visions of ESG focused practises in the Hospitality and Event sectors and enables students to generate sustainable solutions, whilst combatting the environmental and societal challenges faced by the tourism and events industries. Students will be thoroughly versed in socio-economic impacts, sustainability based marketing and management along with ideal practices for the planning of deliverables in these sectors.
The 13 month program will be based in ESDES Business School’s campus in Annecy and students will also benefit from 2 field trips to enhance their learning experience.
At the end of the course students will have acquired the necessary skills to determine the best impactful initiatives for working in the hospitality sector.
At the end of the program, students will be able to :
- Construct a sustainable strategy for both Tourism and Event management
- Develop and manage commercial offerings that integrate ESG factors
- Manage and optimise a network of suppliers and partners in the hopsitality sector
- Ensure a qualitative approach to the management of sustainable destinations and events
- Guarantee the conception, delivery and optimisation of sustainable events
- Oversee business performance in sustainable destinations
1 Unique teaching experience set in one of France’s most prestigious tourist destinations
2 Field trips in France and Europe to experience hands on practical teaching to drive collective performance
3 Professional workshops are delivered during the program. These workshops are organised and delivered by nationals and European NGOs driving awareness on Wast Management, Climate Change and Digital decarbonisation
4 Month minimum internship completes the program. During this professional experience students will be able to implement their newly acquired skills. The internship will provide substance for a final thesis to be written and defended at the end of the program
Upon completion of the program, students will be eligible for a host of positions within the tourism and events sectors, such as :
- Destination Manager
- Tourist Information Manager
- Communications Director
- Project Leader in Events Management
- Sustainable Project Manager
- Promotions Officer
- Event Logistics Manager
- Director of Quality and Customer Experience
This program runs from October each year.
The curriculum has been created following the input and guidance from key experts in key industry sectors who have a first hand view of the competencies and knowledge required to ensure sustainable innovation in Sustainable Tourism and Event Management initiatives.
Under the careful instruction of the ‘Conference des Grandes Ecoles’ programme certification criteria ((France’s equivalent of the Ivy League in the US or the Russell Group in the UK), this innovative program gives students a visionary learning experience through practitioner and research led teaching.
Key partnerships are also in construction with more news to come on specific strategic partnerships that will endorse this innovative programme.
Our 13 month programme is taught 100% in English and includes a 4 month internship. Students will go to 2 destinations on field trips during the 4th teaching block.
The 4 teaching blocks will take students through the following activities :
- Development of the business model, the development plan and the company culture, taking into account the transition to the circular economy;
- Participation in the design of integrated and innovative solutions for services and goods for identified beneficiaries (including customers) by adapting material resources and developing the company’s intangible resources (employee skills, trust, occupational health, organisational relevance);
- Developing cooperation between the actors in the product/service value chain around the company project, including through the implementation of training for employees and stakeholders, including the company’s customers
- Leading a complete internal and/or external project team involving all functions to design a proposal based on the circular economy;
- Participation in the creation of value for all stakeholders (internal and external);
- Initiating and supporting a change in the attitude of employees to better embody the new model (moving from the causal method to the effectual method2 , etc.)
- Setting up systems for evaluating the company’s activities, particularly cooperation within the sector, and performance indicators based on the satisfaction of customers’ needs, on environmental and social impacts and on the territorial impact of the company’s activities;
- Prospective monitoring of new sustainable economic models.
You can discover all the courses by downloading our brochure !
This program runs from September each year.
The candidate must:
• be finishing or have already completed a four year
degree (equivalent to 240 ECTS) in France or abroad ;
BBA or BSC in Tourism or event management.
• have at least a B2 level in English (5.5 IELTS]
Applications will be received once all documents are submitted.
Applicants will also be invited to a personal interview online and
in English, as part of admission process.
Applications are evaluated as follows:
|Admission for the MSc’s degree
|Personal Interview in English
Native English speakers or candidates who have been studying in English for at least two years will be exempt from the English requirement. In this case, applications are evaluated as follows:
|Admission for Master’s degree
|Personal interview in English
Documents required for your application:
- Application file
- photocopy of identity document ;
- CV + cover letter ;
- photocopy of the baccalaureate or equivalent;
- any post-baccalaureate diplomas already obtained;
- all transcripts of grades obtained during the years of higher education;
- proof of English level B2 or English-speaking student or 2 years of courses 100% in English;
- application fee.
You can find the fees on this page
FLYWIRE, POWERFUL GLOBAL PAYMENT NETWORK
Esdes Business School has partnered with Flywire to accept payments from international students worldwide.
You can easily pay your tuition and fees online: Flywire provides a secure global payment network that simplifies paying your fees from your home country and countries around the world.
Payment options can include bank transfers, credit cards, e-wallets and more, typically in your home currency for most countries.
Check out how it works
Available for non E.U international students : Discover more
Scholarship avalaible : click here to get a scholarship
Do you have a question about Esdes? Contact us!
The international recruitment team will answer you as soon as possible
Find out more?
Ask our students!