Close links with companies
• Professional training and higher education allowing one to follow several alternating (“sandwich”) courses.
• Professional internships in all programmes
• The involvement of experts and professionals in teaching.
• Excellence grants awarded by partner companies.
• Many recognized partners such as Fondation Mérieux, Sanofi, Byblos Sécurité, Danone, Hewlett Packard, SEB, Vicat, Sopra Steria, Société Générale, Natixis, GL Events, APICIL, Michelin, M6, and Bayard.
• A service dedicated to business partnerships.
• An historic higher education institution founded in 1875, with tens of thousands of alumni who are the strength of our alumni network.
A pedagogy of success based on 147 years of experience
• University and professional curricula which dare to combine humanism and innovation
• 138 training courses, including 59 European standard diploma courses (Bachelor, Master, Doctorate)
• Small numbers of students in each year
• A professional, evolving curriculum, with personalized follow-up
• Humanities education integrated into all courses
• Accompanied and rapid professional integration
Optimal Study Conditions
• 3 modern campuses (two on the peninsula in the heart of Lyon -Place des Archives and Place Carnot- and a brand new campus in Annecy).
• A university library with thematic documentary resources comprising more than 250,000 volumes.
• Original associative projects in: humanitarian aid, the environment, a student web radio with RCF.
• Innovative installations at the service of creativity: coworking room, learning lab, and an incubator.
• Numerous student services: housing, health, cafeterias, sports, community life, and chaplaincy .
An International University
- 350 partner universities in more than 70 countries.
- 1 800 international students welcomed each year.
- Possibilities for studying abroad in all programmes.
- French students are paired with incoming international students to help them, upon arrival, settle into life in Lyon.
Financial aid during studies
- Welcome scholarship for high school students entering their 1st year
- Continuing Studies Scholarship for students who have validated at least one year at UCLy
- Scholarships based on social criteria (CROUS)