The Accommodation Office supports UCLy students and future students in their search for their perfect place to live

The Accommodation Office helps students at UCLy look for accommodation during their studies. Several accommodation options are available, including halls of residence, host families, shared rental accommodation, low-rent accommodation with elderly people or in residences in exchange for help, etc.

Discover the accommodation offers


Useful Information

CAF Housing Allowance application

You are moving into a student residence or private rented accommodation,   you may be eligible for the CAF Housing allowance if you meet the CAF requirements

Please note that housing allowances are not paid the first month after moving in.   For instance, if you check-into accommodation on 10 September, you will be entitled for CAF as from October.
For further details, click on here


What does VISALE consist of?

To book accommodation, some landlords or residences require a French guarantor or someone who will be able to pay the rent for the tenant in case of problems.  VISALE managed by Action Logement,  acts as a guarantee for French and foreign students who do not have French guarantors. This service is free of charge.

Who can apply for VISALE?

French and foreign students of 18 up to  30 years old who are moving into student residences or private rented accommodation.

What are the Requirements for being eligible for VISALE :

• European students and non-European student with valid long-stay visa   (Visa Long Séjour valant Titre de Séjour, mention « étudiant » / VLS-TS) can apply for VISALE

•The monthly rent for an individual apartment does not exceed 600€

• An individual occupancy agreement is required for students living in flatshares

How can I apply for VISALE?

• You can log on to and  create your  web account

• Accommodation applications are checked by Action Logement

• If you meet Visale requirements, you will receive proof of VISALE in 48 hours

• You can give proof of Visale to your prospect landlord/lady and sign the  occupancy agreement once your landlord/lady ends up his/her formalities with Visale


Isabelle Moralès

04 26 84 52 02

Valérie Mazoyer

04 72 32 51 73