MSc Circular Economy and Sustainable Innovation
Get ready for Green Growth!
Seize the opportunity, in a new generation of business emerging globally, to engage in an ecological challenge. The MSc Circular Economy and Sustainable Innovation is the degree you need to kick-start your career in green growth.
The European Green deal will create over 700 000 qualified jobs in the field of circular economy. Circular economy grows opportunities from wastes, creating solutions for businesses who want to take care of their environment.
Msc Circular Economy and Sustainable innovation
The MSc, Master of Science Circular Economy & Sustainable innovation aims to train professionals in the circular economy. They will be capable of defining a strategy for transforming the business model of a company or an organization by proposing innovative and sustainable solutions, in accordance with the concepts and challenges of the circular economy. Students will develop the necessary skills to be successful in top career positions (such as CE consultant, CE project manager, etc.).
A RESPONSIBLE AND ENGAGED SCHOOL
For the past 30 years, ESDES have been preparing students and professionals, through education and research, to create sustainable value, in order to create a responsible economy in a globalized and digital world. With this commitment, ESDES contributes to the emergence of a responsible economy driven by its employees, partners, alumni and students.
- Develop an innovative circular economy strategy
- Implement a circularization strategy
- Evaluate performance, societal and environmental impacts
- Initiate and support change
- Mobilize and develop specialized skills in circular economy
- Circular Economy Manager – Job description
- Circular Economy & Sustainability Consultant – Job description
- Sustainable Transition Manager – Job description
- Environmental Specialist in a Consulting Company
- Sustainability Specialist in Product Development
Degree: Master of Science
On campus core classes and electives within a multicultural environement: the overall program is worth 90 ECTS
Duration: 13 months – beginning every september
Why enroll for the Circular Economy and Sustainability Strategies program?
The overexploitation of natural resources required to achieve economic growth has negatively impacted the environment and adversely affected their availability and cost. So, it is easy to see why the idea of a circular economy, which offers new ways to create a more sustainable economic growth model, is taking hold across the globe.
This program is designed to help you understand the growing businesses cases for sustainable solutions and learn how to manage and grow a sustainable business.
Voir cette publication sur Instagram
Lyon, European and biodiversity Capital
Elected French Capital of Biodiversity in 2019, the city is committed to protect its fauna and flora, to the delight of its visitors. France’s second largest urban area has managed to climb to the 4th place in the ranking, thanks to the development of the Green Spaces policies. As a part of the implementation of soft mobility, the city of Lyon is launching projects for the public highway in order to facilitate the road sharing between different types of transports, but also to protect cyclists and pedestrians.
Preparing students for the jobs of tomorrow
The transition towards a circular economy means restructuring economic models in order to meet the challenges of resources and environmental preservation. With the European Green Deal, nearly 700,000 local, sustainable and non-relocatable jobs will be created around eco-design, the economy of functionality, waste prevention and recycling, …
With a 13-months period (including 4 of internships), the new MSc was built in collaboration with the main stakeholders of the circular economy. Accessible with a Master 1, the program, 100% in English, will allow students to acquire the skills to implement and evaluate the circularization strategy with regard to societal and environmental impacts, to support performance and change remediation. The teachings will leave a large part to real experience, to intervene with business managers that initiated the creation of the program and to the expertise of our research professors in order to train our students on tomorrow’s professions: Sustainable procurement manager, circular economy Manager, functionality economy consultant, sustainable transition manager…
Students will develop skills and specific competencies to manage activities required in the career opportunities :
- Development of a business model, a development plan and corporate culture, taking into account the transition to the circular economy,
- Design of integrated and innovative solutions for services and goods for all stakeholders (including customers) by adapting material resources and developing the company’s intangible resources (employee skills, trust, occupational health, organizational relevance);
- Developing cooperation between stakeholders of the product/service value chain around the company project, including through the implementation of employees and stakeholders development,
- Leading a complete internal and/or external project team involving all functions to design a proposal based on the circular economy;
- Participation in the creation of value for all stakeholders,
- Setting up KPis for the company’s activities, particularly cooperation within the sector, and performance indicators based on the satisfaction of customer needs, on environmental and social impacts and on territorial, environmental and social impacts,
- Benchmarking of new sustainable business models.
- Study business in France and follow a program taught in English, within a multicultural context,
- Learn with a balanced mix of academic and professional experiences,
- Acquire a solid and lasting foundation for the progression of your career,
- Develop your managerial skills and reveal your leadership potential,
- Become an expert in a high potential field and highly innovative activity, in 13 months.
The candidate must:
• be finishing or have already completed a four year
degree (equivalent to 240 ECTS) in France or abroad ;
BBA or M1 in the fields of Engineering, Management,
Humanities and Social Sciences, etc.
• have at least a B2 level in English (5.5 IELTS]
Applications will be received once all documents are submitted.
Applicants will also be invited to a personal interview online and
in English, as part of admission process.
Applications are evaluated as follows:
|Admission for the MSc’s degree||Weighting|
|Personal Interview in English||7|
Native English speakers or candidates who have been studying in English for at least two years will be exempt from the English requirement. In this case, applications are evaluated as follows:
|Admission for Master’s degree||Weighting|
|Personal interview in English||10|
Documents required for your application:
- Application file
- photocopy of identity document ;
- CV + cover letter ;
- photocopy of the baccalaureate or equivalent;
- any post-baccalaureate diplomas already obtained;
- all transcripts of grades obtained during the years of higher education;
- proof of English level B2 or English-speaking student or 2 years of courses 100% in English;
- application fee.
FLYWIRE, POWERFUL GLOBAL PAYMENT NETWORK
Esdes Business School has partnered with Flywire to accept payments from international students worldwide.
You can easily pay your tuition and fees online: Flywire provides a secure global payment network that simplifies paying your fees from your home country and countries around the world.
Payment options can include bank transfers, credit cards, e-wallets and more, typically in your home currency for most countries.
Available for non E.U international students : Discover more
Scholarship avalaible : click here to get a scholarship
Do you have a question about ESDES? Contact us!
The international recruitment team will answer you as soon as possible
Find out more?
What is an MSc ?
A Master of Science (MSc) is a postgraduate degree that is typically awarded in the fields of science, engineering, and technology. It is designed to provide students with advanced knowledge and skills in a specific area of study, and is usually completed as a full-time program of study lasting one or two years.
An MSc program typically consists of coursework and a research component. Coursework may include lectures, seminars, and other forms of instruction, and is designed to provide students with a thorough understanding of the theories, concepts, and practices relevant to their field of study. The research component of an MSc program may involve conducting original research, analyzing data, or completing a capstone project, and is intended to give students the opportunity to apply their knowledge and skills in a practical setting.
To be eligible for an MSc program, students typically need to have completed a bachelor’s degree in a related field. Some programs may also require that students have relevant work experience or have completed specific prerequisites.
Upon completion of an MSc program, students are typically awarded a Master of Science degree, which is recognized as a mark of advanced knowledge and expertise in their field. The MSc degree is often seen as a stepping stone to further academic study, such as a PhD program, or as a way to gain specialized knowledge and skills that can be applied in a professional setting.
Overall, an MSc program is an excellent way for students to deepen their knowledge and expertise in a specific area of study, and to gain the skills and experience they need to pursue a variety of career paths.
What are the differences between an MSC and a Master degree (also know as MA, Master of Arts or Master in Management) ?
A Master degree is a postgraduate degree, depending on the field of study and the institution offering the degree.
A Master degree is completed after a bachelor’s degree and is designed to provide students with advanced knowledge and skills in a specific area of study.
MSc stands for Master of Science and is a postgraduate degree for scientific, STEM subjects such as mathematics, engineering, medicine, and technology, including some social sciences.
MSc programs are typically theory-heavy, with an emphasis on reading, research, and lab work, taking one or two years to complete full-time.
A Master of Science (MSc) . As mentioned earlier, the MSc is typically awarded in the fields of science, engineering, and technology, and involves a full-time program of study that lasts one or two years. It usually consists of coursework and a research component, and is designed to provide students with advanced knowledge and skills in a specific area of study.
In general, the main difference between an MSc and other types of Master’s degrees is the focus of the program of study. An MSc program is typically more focused on science, engineering, and technology, while an MA program is typically more focused on the humanities and social sciences. However, there can be some overlap between these different types of Master’s degrees, and the specific focus of a particular program will depend on the institution offering the degree and the specific area of study.
What are the benefits of doing an MSc?
An MSc (Master of Science) degree is a postgraduate academic degree typically awarded after completion of a one or two year program of study in a particular field. There are several benefits to pursuing an MSc degree, including:
- Advanced knowledge: An MSc program allows you to specialize in a particular field and gain advanced knowledge in your area of interest.
- Career advancement: An MSc degree can help you qualify for advanced positions in your field, or open up new career opportunities.
- Increased earning potential: Many MSc graduates experience an increase in salary after completing their degree.
- Research experience: Many MSc programs involve a research component, which can provide valuable experience and help you build a network of research contacts.
- Personal development: Pursuing an MSc degree can be a challenging and rewarding personal experience that helps you develop new skills and knowledge.
Is the MSc more practical or theorical ?
The Master of Science (MSc) degree is a postgraduate degree that typically involves a combination of theoretical and practical coursework. The specific focus of an MSc program can vary widely depending on the field of study, and some programs may be more heavily weighted towards one aspect or the other.
In general, MSc programs are designed to provide students with a deeper understanding of a particular subject area through advanced coursework and research. This may include a mix of lectures, seminars, and lab work, as well as the completion of a research project or thesis.
The practical component of an MSc program may involve the application of theoretical concepts through hands-on projects, fieldwork, internships, or other real-world experiences. This can be a valuable opportunity for students to gain practical skills and experience in their field, and to put their knowledge to the test in a real-world setting.
On the other hand, the theoretical component of an MSc program may involve the study of advanced concepts and theories, as well as the analysis and interpretation of research findings. This can be a valuable opportunity for students to gain a deeper understanding of the underlying principles and theories that govern their field of study, and to develop the critical thinking skills necessary to tackle complex problems and questions.
Overall, the balance between the practical and theoretical components of an MSc program will depend on the specific focus and goals of the program, as well as the needs and interests of the individual student. Some programs may be more geared towards practical applications, while others may place a greater emphasis on theoretical concepts and research.
Circle Economy at a glance
The number of jobs that will be created with the application of measures in favor of the circular economy in Europe
Source : OECD
The increase in sustainability-linked transactions in 2021 compared to 2020
Source : Bloomberg
The percentage of the population in Asia who accept the prospect of paying a higher price for green products
Source : Grey Global Group
Our other trainings