Associate Professor8. Sustainable Business and Organisations
Campus Lyon - Saint Paul
10 Place des archives 69002 Lyon
10 Place des archives 69002 Lyon
- Member of Institute of Sustainable Business and Organizations, CONFLUENCE : Sciences and Humanities Research Unit - EA 1598 Lyon Catholic University
- Field (CNU): 06. Management science
- ORCID: 0000-0003-1476-2420
Research areasManagement Legitimacy Technology adoption Narratives Market construction
Mauricio has been a faculty member at ESDES since 2018. He obtained a PhD in management from Neoma Business School, specializing in marketing. He is currently completing a PhD at the University of Reims Champagne Ardenne in the same field. His research focuses on the construction of markets, mainly for emerging technologies such as IoT, AI, virtual reality, robots, and on how these technology markets should develop processes allowing representation practices, exchange and standardization to legitimize the market and the technology to be appropriated. In his research, he used two main approaches: business networks as a fundamental element for the creation of sustainable business models, and the role of narratives in market creation processes as an agglutinating element in different market practices. He has published his research in industrial marketing journals. Prior to joining the academy, Mauricio was Director of Marketing and Communications for various companies, mainly in the fields of technology and education for ten years. He also has his own technology development company for the industrial and government sector.
Articles in peer-reviewed journals
- MENDOZA, Mario A., RODRIGUEZ, Mauricio, LHUILLERY, Stéphane (2021). «A battle of drones: Utilizing legitimacy strategies for the transfer and diffusion of dual-use technologies». Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 166, 120539. URL/DOI : [+]
- BONNIN, Gaël, RODRIGUEZ, Mauricio (2019). «The narrative strategies of B2B technology brands». Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, 34, 7, 1448-1458. URL/DOI : [+]
- Articles in peer-reviewed journals
Communications (conferences, seminars, study days)
- RODRIGUEZ, Mauricio, GARCIA BAENA, Federico (2021). «Mundane body enhancement. The case of wearable devices», Neoma Business School (Virtual Campus). Workshop intersecting the body: identity, performativity, and technology, 10-11 juin, June 2021, Reims, France.
- RODRIGUEZ, Mauricio (2019). «Markets as narrative construction, Nitmkg : « Bringing institutional theory to marketing »», ISC Business School. 2nd edition of the “Bringing Institutional Theory to Marketing” Conference, 6-7 juin, June 2019, Paris, France.
- BONNIN, Gaël, RODRIGUEZ, Mauricio (2018). «Markets as narrative constructions; the case of smart cities», Kedge Business School. 34th Industrial Marketing & Purchasing (IMP) Conference : « From Business to Research and Back Again », 4-7 septembre, September 2018, Marseille, France.
- BONNIN, Gaël, RODRIGUEZ, Mauricio (2018). «Narrative strategies and B2B technology brands», University of Southern Denmark. Consumer Culture Theory Conference (CCT) : « Consumer Culture Fairytales », 28 juin - 1er juillet, July 2018, Odense, Denmark.
- RODRIGUEZ, Mauricio, MENDOZA, Mario A., LHUILLERY, Stéphane (2018). «A battle of drones: utilising legitimacy strategies for the transfer and diffusion of dual-use technologies». DRUID18 Conférence, 11-13 juin, June 2018, Copenhague, Denmark.
- RODRIGUEZ, Mauricio (2017). «Making sense of complex business networks in the smart city era», European Marketing Academy (EMAC). 8th Biennal International Conference on Business Market Management (BMM), 6 au 8 juillet, July 2017, Graz, Austria.
- RODRIGUEZ, Mauricio, VEGA, Diego (2017). «Making Sense of Humanitarian Operations: The 2010 Pakistan Floods», Production and Operations Management Society (POMS). POMS 28th Annual Conference, 5-8 May, May 2017, Seatle, United States of America.
- RODRIGUEZ, Mauricio, BONNIN, Gaël (2016). «Narrative strategies to give sense to new technology: the case of Cisco’s Tomorrow starts here campaign». 32th annual IMP Conference : Change and transformation of markets networks and relationships, 30 août - 3 septembre, September 2016, Poznan, Poland.
- RODRIGUEZ, Mauricio, BONNIN, Gaël (2016). «Technology in business markets: toward a cultural perspective». 32th annual IMP Conference : Change and transformation of markets networks and relationships, 30 août - 3 septembre, September 2016, Poznan, Poland.
- RODRIGUEZ, Mauricio, VEGA, Diego (2016). «Making sense of humanitarian operations», Poznan University of Technology. 28th European Conference on Operational Research, the European Association of Operational Research Society and the Polish OR Society, 3 - 6 juillet, July 2016, Poznan, Poland.
Expertises, evaluations & consulting
- 2020, Consultancy mission, Ferrea Brewbery, Colombia
- 2019 - 2020, Consultancy mission, Social Colectivo, Colombia
- 2019 PhD in Economical Sciences, Marchés comme constructions narratives, Université de Reims Champagne-Ardenne, France
- 2018 PhD in Management, Neoma Business School, France
Other certifications & qualifications
- 2016 Nordic Workshop on Relationship Dynamics, University of Turku (UTU), Finland
- 2016 Doctoral Colloquium IMP conference, Poznan University of Economics and Business - PUEB, Poland
- 2015 Doctoral seminar in Case studies in Management research, Aalto University, Finland
Educational responsibilities and professional experiences
- 2014 - 2018 Research Assistant, Neoma Business School, France
- Since 2009 Board Member and Shareholder, Mangalink (E-olia soluciones moviles), Colombia
- Since 2018 Fundamentals of Marketing, ESDES, France
- 2017 Marketing B2B, Neoma Business School, France
- 2016 Retail innovation seminar, University of International Business and Economics (UIBE), China (PRC)
- 2015 - 2018 Research Methodology, Neoma Business School, France
- 2015 - 2017 Innovation management class, Neoma Business School, France
- English - Able to teach
- Spanish - Able to teach