A library at the heart of the university
Some figures about the library:
- 400.000 books (200.000 of which are from before 1910 and are stored in the warehouses on UCLy’s two Lyon campuses).
- 760 titles of paper journals
- 10.000 online journals
- 60.000 ebooks
- 20 databases covering all of the disciplines taught
Modern works directly accessible to the public are distributed according to the places of education of students of the Catholic University of Lyon.
DISCIPLINES AVAILABLE AT THE CARNOT CAMPUS LIBRARY:
Religious sciences, philosophy, psychology, sociology, preparation for social and medico-social competitions, languages, French and foreign literatures, French as a Foreign Language, translation studies, international relations, history, arts.
DISCIPLINES AVAILABLE AT THE SAINT-PAUL CAMPUS LIBRARY:
Business, local development, law, human rights, economy, social and solidarity economy, business management, international relations, family sciences, political sciences, international solidarity, sciences, bibliographic research.
How to borrow or consult a book?
On site, consultation is free. However, you must register before you can borrow documents.
If you are a student at the Catholic University of Lyon, registration is included in your university registration fees. It also gives you access to other libraries of the establishments of the University of Lyon-St Etienne.
Loan conditions: 5 documents for 21 days
Contacts and Opening hours
University Library Carnot Campus
From 10/01/2020 to 05/29/2021
Monday to Friday: 8:30 am- 8:00 pm
Closed Monday April 12 (Easter Monday), Monday April 26 to May 2 (Easter holidays) and Friday May 8.
University Library Saint-Paul Campus
From 10/01/2020 to 05/29/2021
Monday to Friday: 8:30 am to 8:00 pm
Closed Monday April 12 (Easter Monday)
OUR RESOURCES: ACCESSING RESEARCH ASSISTANCE TOOLS
Free access for all:
Library partner catalogues and databases:
- Catalogue of the ecumenical library Centre Saint-Irénée de Lyon
- CCFR (Collective French catalogue)
- Sudoc Catalogue
- Common catalogue of the libraries of the Catholic universities of France (Origene)
- Ritimo (Information and documentation network for sustainable development and international solidarity)
- Sign@l (Reporting of contents of periodicals in the humanities and social sciences)
Tutorials and educational software
- ENSSIB locator (Electronic Resources For Students, Research and Teaching)
- CERISE URFIST from Paris (Advice to Students for Efficient Specialised Information Research)
To access other documentary resources, click here.
Access reserved for UCLy members. Specialised or cross-functional resources are made available after authentication:
ABI / INFORM Global
Business source complete
Elgar Encyclopedia of International Economic Law
HeinOnline Academic Core
OpenEdition Freemium for Journals
Regional Business News
In addition, the University Library acquires e-books that can be directly consulted from its catalogue.
To access e-campus, click here.