Last update: 04/01/2023
The 4th of March 2022, the Council of the European Union decided that all Ukrainian citizens and displaced persons arriving in France from Ukraine benefit from a temporary protection status.
Conditions to obtain the temporary protection status:
- Case 1: You are a citizen of Ukraine and lived in Ukraine before the 24th of February
- Case 2: You are not a citizen of Ukraine and you had an international or national protection status from the Ukrainian authorities
- Case 3: You are a family member of one above-mentioned case. By family member is meant: spouse or husband, underage child and/or dependant parents
Caution: Non-Ukrainian citizens who lived in Ukraine with a “student” visa/residence permit cannot benefit from the temporary protection.
Non-Ukrainian citizens who lived in Ukraine without a visa/residence permit mentioning “permanent residence permit” can apply for a support in order to return to their country of origin. Please contact the Association Forum Réfugiés at the Centre d’Accueil pour la protection temporaire (address below).
Rights attached to the temporary protection status in France:
- Issue of a provisional residence permit for 6 months with the mention “beneficiary of temporary protection”, renewable every 6 months
- Payment of an allowance as asylum seeker
- Work permit (right attached to the temporary protection status)
- Access health care
- Schooling of underage children. For students (higher education): for more information, please click here ((+lien vers page dédiée « Accueil des étudiants déplacés EN ». Cf. Word du même nom)
- Support in access to an accomodation
For people living in the Rhône department, you have to make an appointment at the Préfecture. To have one, go to:
326 rue Garidaldi, 69007 Lyon
Tuesday: 08:30am - 12:30pm | 01:30pm-05:00pm
Wednesday: 08:30am - 12:30pm | 01:30pm-05:00pm
Thursday: 08:30am - 12:30pm | 01:30pm-05:00pm
Friday: 08:30am - 12:30pm
For more info, you can send a mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be valid, your application must be complete at the French Préfecture !
For further information, please contact the Association Forum Réfugiés at: email@example.com
Préfecture du Rhône (FR and UA)
Council of the EU (ENG)