Last update: 15/09/2022
The 4th of March 2022, the Council of the European Union decided that all Ukrainian citizens and displaced persons arriving in France from Ukraine would benefit from a temporary protection status.
Conditions to obtain the temporary protection status:
- Case 1: You are a citizen of Ukraine and lived in Ukraine before the 24th of February
- Case 2: You are not a citizen of Ukraine and you had an international or national protection status from the Ukrainian authorities
- Case 3: You are not a citizen of Ukraine, you had a permanent residence permit from the Ukrainian authorities and you can’t go back to your country*
- Case 4: You are a family member of one above-mentioned case. By family member is meant: spouse or husband, underage child and/or dependant parents
*Caution: Non-Ukrainian citizen who lived in Ukraine with a “student” visa/residence permit cannot benefit from the temporary protection.
Non-Ukrainian citizen who lived in Ukraine without visa/residence permit mentioning “permanent residence permit” can apply for a support in order to return to their country of origin. Please contact the Association Forum Réfugiés at the Centre d’Accueil pour la protection temporaire (address below).
Rights attached to the temporary protection status in France:
- Issue of a provisional residence permit for 6 months with the mention “beneficiary of temporary protection”, renewable every 6 months
- Payment of an allowance as asylum seeker
- Work permit (right attached to the temporary protection status)
- Access health care
- Schooling of underage children. For students (higher education): for more information, please click here ((+lien vers page dédiée « Accueil des étudiants déplacés EN ». Cf. Word du même nom)
- Support in access to an accomodation
For people living in the Rhône department, you have to make an appointment at the Préfecture. To have one, go to:
326 rue Garidaldi, 69007 Lyon
Monday: 1:30pm - 5:30pm
Tuesday: 8:30am - 5h30pm
Wednesday: 8:30am - 12:30pm
Thursday: 8:30am - 5:30pm
Friday: 8:30am - 12:30pm
For more info, you can send a mail to: email@example.com
To be valid, your application must be complete at the French Préfecture !
CAUTION ! Case 4: You are not a citizen of Ukraine, you had a permanent residence permit from the Ukrainian authorities and you can’t go back to your country.
The list of supporting document has not been defined yet
For further information, please contact the Association Forum Réfugiés at: firstname.lastname@example.org