Elisabeth A. Cazier
Associate Professor7. Biosciences, Technologies and Ethics
Campus Lyon - Saint Paul
10 Place des archives 69002 Lyon
10 Place des archives 69002 Lyon
- Member of Biosciences, technologies, ethics research team, CONFLUENCE : Sciences and Humanities Research Unit - EA 1598 Lyon Catholic University
- Senior Lecturer in Microbiology, ESTBB Lyon Catholic University
Research areasRenewable energy Anaerobic digestion Algae Waste treatment Fermentation Biotechnologies
Teaching areasBiology Food Engineering Microbiology Environnement Renewable energy Unitary operations Waste treatment Biotechnology
Articles in peer-reviewed journals
- CAZIER, Elisabeth A., TRABLY, Eric, ESCUDIE, Renaud, STEYER, Jean-Philippe (2022). «Role of the thickness of medium on solid-state anaerobic digestion». Waste and Biomass Valorization. URL/DOI : [+]
- CAZIER, Elisabeth A., TRABLY, Eric, STEYER, Jean-Philippe, ESCUDIE, Renaud (2019). «Reversibility of hydrolysis inhibition at high hydrogen partial pressure in dry anaerobic digestion processes fed with wheat straw and inoculated with anaerobic granular sludge». Waste Management, 85, 498-505. URL/DOI : [+]
- GHIMIRE, Anish, TRABLY, Eric, FRUNZO, Luigi, PIROZZI, Francesco, LENS, Piet N.l., ESPOSITO, Giovanni, CAZIER, Elisabeth A., ESCUDIÉ, Renaud (2018). «Effect of total solids content on biohydrogen production and lactic acid accumulation during dark fermentation of organic waste biomass». Bioresource Technology, 248 (A), 180-186. URL/DOI : [+]
- CAZIER, Elisabeth A., TRABLY, Eric, STEYER, Jean-Philippe, ESCUDIE, Renaud (2015). «Biomass hydrolysis inhibition at high hydrogen partial pressure in solid-state anaerobic digestion». Bioresource Technology, 190, 106-113. URL/DOI : [+]
- Articles in peer-reviewed journals
Communications (conferences, seminars, study days)
- CAZIER, Elisabeth A., BRETHAUER, Simone, STUDER, Michael Hans-Peter (2019). «Optimization of methane production of cattle manure using steam explosion». 16th IWA World Conference on Anaerobic digestion, June 2019, Delft, Netherlands (The).
- CAZIER, Elisabeth A., BRETHAUER, Simone, STUDER, Michael Hans-Peter, BÜHLER, Patrice (2019). «Steam explosion pretreatment improves the conversion efficiency of cattle manure to methane». 6th International Conference on Renewable Energy Gas Technology (REGATEC), May 2019, Malmo, Sweden.
- CAZIER, Elisabeth A., GYENGE, Laszlo, BRETHAUER, Simone, STUDER, Michael Hans-Peter (2018). «Improving methane production of cow manure by steam explosion.». 4th BiogasScience, International Conferences on Anaerobic Digestion, September 2018, Torino, Italy.
- CAZIER, Elisabeth A., TRABLY, Eric, ESCUDIE, Renaud, STEYER, Jean-Philippe (2015). «Role of gas accumulation (H2) in dry anaerobic digestion of wheat straw». 14th World Congress on Anaerobic Digestion, November 2015, Vina del Mar, Chile.
- CAZIER, Elisabeth A., TRABLY, Eric, ESCUDIE, Renaud, STEYER, Jean-Philippe (2014). «Hydrogen inhibition of dry anaerobic digestion of wheat straw». BiogasScience : International Conference on Anaerobic Digestion, October 2014, Vienne, Austria.
Participation in subsidized research contracts / projects
- Project coordinator : 2017 - 2021, Manumax - Development of a heat integrated steam explosion pretreatment process to enhance biogas yields in anaerobic digestion of manure, ERA-LEARN - BEN17-11-23, led by Bern University of Applied Sciences
Associate member of research networks / laboratories
- 2017 - 2021, Teacher-researcher, Bern University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland
- Participation in subsidized research contracts / projects
Development activities of books / journals / articles
- Reviewer, Biotechnology for biofuels, 2019
- Development activities of books / journals / articles
- 2015 PhD, Science and technology, Biotechnologies, and microbiology, Impact of dissolved gases on dry anaerobic digestion of lignocellulosic residues, Université de Montpellier, France
- 2012 Food industry engineer, specialized in microbiology of bioprocess, AgroParisTech, France
Other certifications & qualifications
- 2016 Level 5 Certificate Management and Leadership, Chartered Management Institute (CMI), Great Britain
Educational responsibilities and professional experiences
- Since 2021 Senior Lecturer in Microbiology, ESTBB, Lyon Catholic University, France
- 2016 - 2017 R&D (KTP associate with New Generation Biogas), Plymouth university, Great Britain
- 2012 - 2014 Teacher, Université de Perpignan Via Domitia (UPVD), France
- 2019 - 2021 Biogas, Bern University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland
- English - Able to teach